HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agency
Greater Sheepshead Bay Development Corporation is a community-based, HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency whose mission is to improve the lives of multi-cultural low- to moderate-income tenants, coop owners, and homeowners by preserving and updating the housing stock, social environment, and maintaining housing affordability. We provide one-on-one homeownership counseling services that include pre-purchase counseling, housing exemption services, mortgage delinquency resolution, financial & budget management, and home improvement services. In addition we provide senior citizen support and process housing exemption applications for tenants, coop owners and homeowners to reduce monthly housing costs. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of the population in our catchment area and beyond.
We serve the communities of Sheepshead Bay, Gerritsen Beach, Gravesend, Homecrest, and Manhattan Beach (zip codes 11235, 11224, 11229, 11223) and we also provide services in adjoining neighborhoods (zip codes 11207, 11208, 11234, 11236) upon request.
- Pre-Purchase Counseling: Counseling session including education and first-time homebuyer certification.
- Fee: $40.00 payable by cash or check.
- Housing Exemptions: Process applications for tenants, coop owners and homeowners.
- Mortgage Delinquency & Default Resolution Counseling: Process loan modification requests.
- Financial Management & Budget Counseling: Complete financial evaluation of income and expenses, standard with all counseling services.
- Home Improvement & Rehabilitation Counseling: Process home improvement loans.
SERVICES ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
For more information on the services we provide, please call us at:
We are funded by: