We believe in supporting our community residents with housing stability for renters and homeowners, alike. GSBDC is committed to ensuring an inclusive environment, upholding dignity, and promoting respect for individuals seeking support. We recognize cultural differences, work to make our employees, volunteers, and clients feel safe, valued, and appreciated.
Serving residents of South Brooklyn Borough/Greater Sheepshead Bay community is our top priority. What differentiates us is:
- Donors like you, and our official funders, our counseling services and navigator (paperwork) services are provided at no cost to those seeking our help. The only exception: our first-time home buyers online course is offered at $40.
- Our services are for renters and homeowners.
- We work with you to complete all required paperwork for you to be successful with your renting or purchasing goals.
- Many of our residents tell us that the outcome of this process helps provide financial resources and results in additional spending money.
- Our goal is to help keep you in your home, providing stability to our neighborhood.
Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, employment, or servicing on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees and our clients feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.